Article written by Errol

28 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. 2012 – November #6 | Nanotoons
    2012 – November #6 | Nanotoons 6 November, 2012 at 8:33 am |

[…] by the way, did everyone know that Errol wrote 50,000 words in the first 24 hours of NaNoWriMo?!?? Here’s why and how he did it. Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeOne blogger likes this. This entry was posted in 2012 […]

2. Sherry
    Sherry 6 November, 2012 at 9:44 am |

O.O you are incredible. Congrats. Hope you had fun.

3. Myrtle
    Myrtle 6 November, 2012 at 11:33 am |

Hey Errol! :)

Thank you so much for posting this! I have been behind on my word count, a little each day, and I have been struggling through NaNoWriMo. Your 50k words has greatly inspired me to perservere through this November and your tips have been a wonderful help! Thanks again!

Myrtle

P.S. Congrats!
    P.P.S. I really like you nanotoons!! 😀

4. DorotheeM
    DorotheeM 6 November, 2012 at 11:51 am |

Incredible! All hats off to you! (How are your hands now?)

5. CapriciousAngel
    CapriciousAngel 6 November, 2012 at 12:03 pm |

WOW ERROL!!!
    You never cease to amaze me XD
    And your nanotoons are awesome :)
    Congrats 😀

6. Annie Blane
    Annie Blane 6 November, 2012 at 12:56 pm |

Awesome! I will try this as well, you are awesome, Errol!

7. Alex Caswell
    Alex Caswell 6 November, 2012 at 2:36 pm |

Wow. Wow. Wow.
    I hereby challenge you to do 50,000 a day for the month of November! But really, don’t strain yourself! 😀

8. Maria
    Maria 6 November, 2012 at 4:50 pm |

Wow, you are amazing (and crazy for tackling something so big!). You inspire me to continue with my own challenging goal of 75k this month (I think that’s as daring as I’m willing to go).
    Also, just wanted to add that I love your NanoToons. :)

9. Ann
    Ann 6 November, 2012 at 9:58 pm |

Errol: So glad you have overcome those put-down’s. As you observed, we do receive lots of them, how well I know. Last night at midnight I finished writing for the day and just to pick up my spirits I looked at your cartoon and also the musical. It is so good. I love all your voices and the story is great. It’s my routine after writing. Even though I’ve seen it two days in a row I still get a laugh and lift from watching. Can’t wait to see tomorrow’s musical and cartoon. Got to tell you, you are a lifter of many people’s spirits. Keep it up and keep having fun while you dance and sing through life, you’re worth it.

10. Laurie
    Laurie 7 November, 2012 at 1:43 pm |

Hahhaa, Goooooddd jooob! I still would never be anble to do that. ._.

11. L-chan
    L-chan 8 November, 2012 at 9:45 pm |

Oh wow, so amazing! Maybe one year I’ll try the same thing. But for now my goal is to finish this month! This is my third attempt, and I’ve actually got support from my best friend now, so I think I can do it. I’ve got him waiting for an update each night, so it really motivates me to pull my lazy self out of bed and write.

Not that he pressures me. It’s just all in my mind. He’s a really great support. 😀

So yeah, great job! And nanotoons are the best.

12. Georgina
    Georgina 9 November, 2012 at 3:06 pm |

Hi, I can’t believe you managed that! Congratulations! I’m aiming for 35000 words by the end of the month (young writer) and I don’t think I’ll be able to manage that. I’m seriously in awe of you right now. I really love your nanotoons by the way. 😀

13. Slowly Catching Up | The Daily Racewood
    Slowly Catching Up | The Daily Racewood 11 November, 2012 at 11:38 am |

[…] this year is because writing book 3 has been a lot like trying to pull teeth with dental floss. After reading a fellow author’s own reasons for completing NaNoWriMo in 24 hours… (that&…, I remembered what the real point of NaNo is… literary abandon. This is always sort of […]

14. ladybard
    ladybard 11 November, 2012 at 6:41 pm |

You are amazing!

I totally blame you for the fact that now I have Terraria sitting on my computer, waiting for me to get a bit (I haven’t decided how much exactly) beyond today’s required word count to start playing it.

I was procrastinating on my own NaNo by reading your fic, and that was enough to get me intrigued about the Terraria game (I’ve played Minecraft and enjoyed it, but hadn’t really gotten into the Terraria stuff at all). So I go and check out some Terraria videos on YouTube and have them playing in the background as I’m writing, and the next thing I know I’ve decided to go onto Steam and buy myself a copy of Terraria. I know better than to click the very tempting “Play” button until I’ve built myself a word count cushion, so at least I’ve got excellent motivation to write some more words now.

And speaking of motivation to write more words, the NaNo musical also helped me catch up from behind, as I wouldn’t let myself watch the second episode until I was caught up with my word count (loved the episode, by the way!). So I suppose in addition to blaming you for getting me to buy a game, I should also be thanking you for providing good motivators 😉

(PS – Thank you for the tips, too! You are amazing!)

15. Rainshadow Noba
    Rainshadow Noba 12 November, 2012 at 7:20 pm |

Suddenly my 5,000 word count days don’t seem so impressive :( But I press on. This year I want the “Winner’s Circle”. I have come close but failed in the past, and this year I want it!

Comments are closed.